Roasted duck recipe & content material supplied by Ryan Carter, Dwell Vitae
Duck is commonly an intimidating protein to prepare dinner. The breast is my favourite, as a result of it’s faster than different items of the chicken.
With duck, you’ll be able to crisp the candy pores and skin on the surface, which has unimaginable style, and has a greater omega-3 profile, in comparison with different poultry. Ask your butcher to flippantly rating the pores and skin criss cross.
Selecting a wild or free-range duck as an alternative of farmed will present extra optimum fat and micronutrients as nicely, from its wild-foraged food regimen. I am going to my butchers or farmers market to purchase duck and different recreation, because the grocery store often doesn’t inventory it.
I take advantage of minimal spices on this duck recipe, as I actually benefit from the pure taste. The ginger and coriander give it a slight however not overpowering heat, whereas cinnamon brings a delicate sweetness. The dish is heat and comforting, particularly this transitional time of yr.
Roasting the greens means that you can focus extra on the execution of the duck. Prepare dinner it to medium uncommon and permit the meat to relaxation nicely earlier than serving, for a juicy piece of breast.
Pan-Roasted Duck Breast With Roasted Greens
Begin to End: 1 hour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, freshly floor
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, freshly floor
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 wild duck breast (roughly 8.5 ounces)
- 1 medium butternut squash, pores and skin and seeds eliminated, sliced into wedges — roughly 2 cups
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts, outer pores and skin eliminated and chopped in half
- 1 tablespoon of grass-fed ghee
- 2 bunches (12 oz.) of lacinato kale, ribs discarded and roughly chopped
- Few sprigs of rosemary and thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt, to style
Dietary Info (Per Serving):
- Energy: 620
- Protein: 32g
- Carbs: 33g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 5g
- Fats: 40g
- Saturated Fats: 6g
- Polyunsaturated: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated: 14.5g
- Trans fats: 0g
- Ldl cholesterol: 110mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Potassium: 588mg
- Vitamin A: 516iu
- Vitamin C: 204.2mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- Iron: 10mg